Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Design philosophy

As I am heading to Bali to source manufacturers to sew my first line tomorrow. You could say I am a little nervous about leaving my family and starting on a new venture.

I was browsing the internet when I came across this lovely blog of a lady living in Bali. My Simple Bali Life  I came across this very inspiring post which I wanted to re-post as it sums up all that I believe in and 
live by. 

These helpful tips come from  AIGA. What do you think and live by?

1: Be authentic. The most powerful asset you have is your individuality, what makes you unique. It’s time   to stop listening to others on what you should do.  
2: Work harder than anyone else and you will always benefit from the effort.  
3: Get off the computer and connect with real people and culture. Life is visceral.  
4: Constantly improve your craft. Make things with your hands. Innovation in thinking is not enough.  
5: Travel as much as you can. It is a humbling and inspiring experience to learn just how much you 
don’t know.  
6: Being original is still king, especially in this tech-driven, group-grope world.  
7: Try not to work for stupid people or you’ll soon become one of them. 
8: Instinct and intuition are all-powerful. Learn to trust them.  
9: The Golden Rule actually works. Do good.  
10: If all else fails, No. 2 is the greatest competitive advantage of any career.




















Bali sunset - www.bigfoto.com







No comments: