Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Loopylu online store coming

Loopylu children's wear is an online store selling Australian designed clothes...by me!!!
I have three children and I feel that there are lots of lovely clothes out there but not all are affordable. The affordable brands are very generic and everyone is wearing them. Those that are a little different are very expensive.
I went to a store (popular brand) to buy my 8yr old boy something new. He doesn't need a lot of clothes because he goes to school and plays weekend sport. So he wears his school uniform, soccer, football and basketball uniforms most times during the week. In saying that he does need clothes that he can wear to the odd party, dinner outing or trip to the shops. Something that makes a statement about him but doesn't cost me a fortune.
So we hit out local Westflield's to find a pair of casual shoes ($120), a pair of cargos ($89) and a long sleeve casual top ($79). Now is it just me or is that a lot of money for one outfit for an 8yr old. I will say though that his choice was great and he looks great and loves wearing his new clothes as he feels like he owns it and I love the fact that what he chose is a direct expression of him.

So in comes my idea and online store. Don't get too excited as it probably won't be ready for any purchases until November but I will show my stuff along the way as things get designed.

Here is a sneak preview of a couple my designs.



No comments: